Christian Education Publications (CEP) is the largest publisher of religious education curriculum designed for use in Australian and New Zealand schools. With material for children aged in Kindergarten through to year 12, it is a Bible-based curriculum which seeks to engage students and encourage them to discover for themselves the truths of the Christian faith and make good life choices.
CEP curriculum has been designed to cover all learning stages for primary-aged children and high school students. The curriculum is made up of:
- For Kindergarten: Beginning with God – a one-year program of 40 introductory lessons from the Bible which assumes little prior knowledge. Click here to see the Beginning with God syllabus aims.
- For students in Years 1-6: Connect – a three-year curriculum, offering 4 units of 10 lessons per term, which students cycle through twice at greater depth as they progress through school. The curriculum surveys the broad sweep of Bible history from creation to God’s ultimate purpose for humanity. Each lesson seeks to introduce key biblical concepts, themes and significant people in an active and engaging way, allowing students to explore the Christian faith and see how it is relevant to their lives and contemporary problems.Click here to see the Connect syllabus and lesson aims.
- Final year of primary school: Big Questions – a one-year program designed for students in their last year of primary school who are ready to explore some big questions, share their own opinions and investigate the Bible for themselves. The course tackles issues such as: What is God really like? What’s gone wrong with the world? Does God really care about me? How will I make choices about my future? What’s the purpose of my life? Click here to see the Big Questions syllabus aims for Semester 1 and Semester 2.
- For students in Years 7-10: Think Faith – a two-year curriculum for Stages 4 and 5, offering 4 units of 8 lessons per term. The curriculum uses the Bible as its foundational text and encourages students to think more deeply about the beliefs and tenets of the Christian faith whilst providing them with the tools to connect their learning with how Christians are called to live. These ‘connectings’ have been organised around three kinds of relating described by Jesus in John 15: relating to God, relating to others, and relating to the world. Click here to see the Think Faith syllabus.
The lesson content works together in a cohesive flow, examining consistent themes, events and concepts from the Bible, with progressive learning outcomes at each level of the curriculum.
Christian Education Outcomes
The CEP curriculum seeks to broaden your child’s education by helping them develop their understanding and knowledge of Biblical principles, to build skills which will enhance their overall learning ability and to form an understanding of values and attitudes of faith, culture and the world today.
Below is an overview of the Christian Education Outcomes for all 3 learning stages.
|Knowledge and Understanding
- God our Father
- Jesus Christ
- Ourselves and others
- The world and living things
- Sources of knowledge about God (from the Bible, from nature and from human experience)
|Values and Attitudes
- Trusting God through faith in Christ (God and us)
- Culture and the world
- Social justice
- Stewardship and ecology
Click the links below to view specific outcomes for each of the five stages: